Established in 1815, Ardbeg is revered by connoisseurs around the world as among the peatiest and smokiest, yet most complex, of all the Islay malts.
Despite its smokiness, Ardbeg is renowned for its delicious sweetness, a phenomenon that has affectionately become known as ‘the peaty paradox’.
Ardbeg has been named Distillery of the Year four times by the prestigious International Whisky Competition. Proof then that it deserves its reputation as The Ultimate Islay Single Malt Whisky.
Five truths that make Ardbeg, Ardbeg
1. Ardbeg is among the most complex of the Islay malts – smoky, sweet and deep, yet supremely balanced
2. Our minimum peating level of 55ppm ensures Ardbeg’s core range is consistently the smokiest in the business
3. Ardbeg’s soft pure water flows from the Distillery’s own water source at Loch Uigeadail
4. The purifier on the Lyne arm of the spirit still (unique on Islay) adds fruity, floral sweetness
and complexity to the spirit
5. All Ardbeg expressions are non chill-filtered, with no added caramel, for maximum
flavour and texture